Voir la galerie
Lieu de naissance : Woodbridge, Virginie.
Formation : North Carolina School of the Arts à Winston-Salem et Houston Ballet II au Texas
Au BNC depuis : 2013
Danseur étoile depuis : 2021
Ben Rudisin is sponsored through Dancers First by Sylvie Allard & Brian O’Keefe.
Cinq choses à savoir
- 1Ben's repertoire includes Diaghilev in Nijinsky, Prince Gremin in Onegin, the male lead in Being and Nothingness, Paris in Romeo and Juliet, Icicle in The Nutcracker, The Mad Hatter in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and
- L’Allumeur in Le Petit Prince.
- 2His dog is named Buffy after one of his favourite television shows from the 90s, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- 3One of Ben’s favourite hobbies to do after a long day of rehearsals is crocheting.
- 4Ben loves cooking and baking shows. He often binge-watches shows such as The Great Canadian Bake Off and Master Chef. He'd also love to compete on the reality show Survivor but only once he's done dancing.
- Ben fell in love with ballet after seeing Swan Lake as a child. In 2017, he made his debut as Rothbart while he was still a member of the Corps de Ballet.
- 1Le Lac des cygnes
- 2Petite Mort
- 3Theme and Variations
- 4The Second Detail
Ben Rudisin est né à Woodbridge, en Virginie, et a suivi une formation à la North Carolina School of the Arts à Winston-Salem et au Houston Ballet II au Texas. Ben s’est joint au Ballet national du Canada à titre d’apprenti de RBC en 2013 et a été promu au rôle de danseur étoile en 2021.
Most recently, Ben made his debut in the title role of Romeo and Juliet, as Adam in the world premiere of MADDADDAM by Wayne McGregor and performed in the Canadian premieres of David Dawson’s Anima Animus and Alonzo King’s The Collective Agreement. An elegant dancer with pristine technique, he excels in roles such as Diaghilev in Nijinsky, Siegfried and Rothbart in Swan Lake, Prince Gremin in Onegin and the male lead in Being and Nothingness as well as Icicle in The Nutcracker, The Mad Hatter in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and L'Allumeur in Le Petit Prince. His repertoire includes roles in The Sleeping Beauty, Giselle, Cinderella, The Winter’s Tale, Nijinsky, Anna Karenina, The Merry Widow, Manon, Frame by Frame, A Streetcar Named Desire, La Sylphide, The Four Seasons, The Concert, Chaconne, Allegro Brillante, Symphony #9, Carousel (A Dance), The Second Detail, Approximate Sonata 2016, Chroma, Genus, Angels’ Atlas, Emergence, Cacti, Petite Mort, Paz de la Jolla, Night, Orpheus Alive, The Dreamers Ever Leave You and Soul.