Oliver Yonick. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Lieu de naissance : Toronto ON, Canada
Formation : École nationale de ballet du Canada
Au BNC depuis : 2020
Membre du corps de ballet depuis : 2023
Cinq choses à savoir
- 1As a kid, Oliver performed with The National Ballet of Canada as a hedgehog in the North American premiere of Christopher Wheeldon’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
- 2During his time at Canada’s National Ballet School, Oliver went on summer exchange to Paris Opéra Ballet School and The Royal Ballet School in London. These two experiences were some of the most enriching moments in his training!
- 3He loves spending time outside with friends playing sports like hockey, basketball and soccer.
- 4He is always searching for new music and you’ll never catch him without his AirPods.
- 5After joining the RBC Apprentice programme in 2020, Oliver's first performance with the company was Crystal Pite’s Angels' Atlas in 2021 in the National Ballet’s first performance onstage at the Four Seasons Centre post pandemic.
- 1Don Quixote by Carlos Acosta
- 2Onegin by John Cranko
- 3Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Christopher Wheeldon
- 4Nijinsky by John Neumeier
- 5Giselle by Sir Peter Wright
Oliver Yonick was born in Toronto, Ontario and trained at Canada’s National Ballet School. He joined The National Ballet of Canada as a RBC Apprentice in 2020 and was promoted to Corps de Ballet in 2023.
Oliver’s repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, The Nutcracker, Cinderella, A Streetcar Named Desire, MADDADDAM, Angels’ Atlas, Elite Syncopations and Concerto.