Voir la galerie
Lieu de naissance : Casco, Michigan
Formation : Main Stage Center for the Arts in Armada, Michigan and Canada’s National Ballet School
Au BNC depuis : 2018
Danseur étoile depuis : 2022
Genevieve Penn Nabity is sponsored through Dancers First by George & Kathy Dembroski.
Cinq choses à savoir
- 1Genevieve is the proud owner of a Labradoodle dog named Coda.
- 2She began dancing when she was three years old, taking classes in ballet, tap and jazz. She trained at Main Stage Center for the Arts in Armada and Canada’s National Ballet School before joining The National Ballet of Canada in 2018.
- 3Genevieve enjoys many hobbies including making her own crosswords, snowboarding, tennis and playing the card game bridge.
- 4She appeared in the commissioned film of Robert Binet’s The Dreamers Ever Leave You directed by Ben Shirinian in 2021.
- She dances the soloist roles of Third Fairy and Diamond Lady in The Sleeping Beauty, one of her favourite ballets. In 2019, Genevieve won the RBC Emerging Artist Award.
- 2La Belle au bois dormant
- 3Le Lac des cygnes
- 4Angels' Atlas
- 5The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude
Genevieve Penn Nabity was born in Casco, Michigan and trained at Main Stage Center for the Arts in Armada, Michigan and Canada’s National Ballet School. Genevieve joined The National Ballet of Canada in 2018 as a RBC Apprentice and was promoted to Principal Dancer in 2022.
A strong technician with wonderful musicality, Genevieve has given standout debuts in an impressive range of classical roles and contemporary work since her promotion in 2022. Last season, Genevieve made her debut as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, the title role in Cinderella and performed in the world premiere of Wayne McGregor’s MADDADDAM and the Canadian premieres of David Dawson’s Anima Animus and Alonzo King’s The Collective Agreement. She has danced Odette/Odile in the world premiere of Swan Lake, directed and staged by Karen Kain and the Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker. Her repertoire includes Principal Fairy, Third Fairy and Diamond Lady in The Sleeping Beauty and she has danced in such ballets as Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Etudes, Serenade, Chaconne, Symphony in C, Angels’ Atlas, After the Rain, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Dream, Paquita, Frame by Frame, Orpheus Alive, The Dreamers Ever Leave You and On Solid Ground.
In 2019, Genevieve won the RBC Emerging Artist Apprentice Award and in 2017, the Peter Dwyer Award.