Voir la galerie
Lieu de naissance : Toledo, Ohio
Formation : École nationale de ballet du Canada
Au BNC depuis : 2014
Danseur étoile depuis : 2023
Cinq choses à savoir
- 1Spencer is a dog lover. He has a Labradoodle dog named Willa.
- 2He was born in Toledo, Ohio and started dance classes at the age of four. He made his stage debut at six years old in a school production of The Nutcracker, which is still one of his favourite ballets today.
- 3Spencer eventually moved to Toronto to train at Canada’s National Ballet School.
- 4In 2019, Spencer performed Dialogue Dances by Choreographic Associate Robert Binet at The Joyce Theater Ballet Festival in New York City alongside dancers from London’s Royal Ballet.
- He created the lead role of Eurydice in the 2019 world premiere of Robert Binet’s Orpheus Alive, a contemporary telling of the tragic Greek myth.
- 1The Nutcracker
- 2Angels’ Atlas
- 3The Dreamers Ever Leave You
- 5Approximate Sonata
Spencer Hack est né à Toledo, en Ohio, et a été formé à l’École nationale de ballet du Canada. Spencer joined The National Ballet of Canada as a RBC Apprentice in 2014 and was promoted to Principal Dancer in mars 2023.
Most recently, Spencer made his debut as Norman McLaren in Frame by Frame, Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet, Jimmy in the world premiere of Wayne McGregor’s MADDADDAM and performed in the Canadian premieres of The Collective Agreement and Anima Animus. In 2020, Spencer performed in the world premiere of Angels’ Atlas by Crystal Pite and created the role of Eurydice in the world premiere of Orpheus Alive by Robert Binet. A versatile dancer who approaches the classical and contemporary repertoire with equal accomplishment, Spencer has excelled in such roles as Bottom in The Dream, Allan Gray in A Streetcar Named Desire, Uncle Nikolai in The Nutcracker and Rothbart in Swan Lake. His repertoire includes roles in The Sleeping Beauty, Onegin, Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland, The Winter’s Tale, Nijinsky, Anna Karenina, The Merry Widow, Rubies, The Second Detail, Approximate Sonata 2016, Genus, Emergence, Chroma, Cacti, Paz de la Jolla, The Four Temperaments, Elite Syncopations, Concerto, Being and Nothingness, The Dreamers Ever Leave You, Skyward and Self and Soul.
Spencer a reçu le prix d’excellence du conseil des mécènes en 2017.