Keaton Leier. Photo par Karolina Kuras.
Lieu de naissance : Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Formation : Royal Winnipeg Ballet School, Houston Ballet II
Joined as Corps de Ballet: 2022
Keaton Leier is sponsored through Dancers First by Donald & Suzanne Kopas.
Cinq choses à savoir
- 1Keaton danced with Atlanta Ballet from 2017 to 2022. Among his favourite memories are performing at the Kennedy Center in Yuri Possokhov’s new Nutcracker, making his debut as Albrecht in Giselle and exploring contemporary works, notably pieces by Alexander Ekman.
- 2Keaton is a co-founder of the Artists Climate Collective, an organization dedicated to uniting the arts with environmental activism.
- 3He enjoys spending time outdoors. Whenever there is an opportunity, Keaton surrounds himself with nature.
- 4In 2016, Keaton adopted his cat Luka while dancing in Houston and she has lived with him in Atlanta, Saskatoon and now Toronto.
- 5Keaton’s brother is a professional hockey player who has played in the NHL and is currently playing in Straubing, Germany.
- 1The Seasons’ Canon by Crystal Pite
- 2 Les Aventures d’Alice au pays des merveilles
- 3Giselle by Akram Khan
- 4The Taming of the Shrew by Jean-Christophe Maillot
Keaton Leier was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and trained at Royal Winnipeg Ballet School and Houston Ballet II. He danced with Atlanta Ballet from 2017 before joining the National Ballet as a Corps de Ballet Member in 2022.
Most recently, Keaton made his debut as Paris in Romeo and Juliet and danced in the world premiere of Wayne McGregor’s MADDADDAM and the Canadian premieres of David Dawson’s Anima Animus and Alonzo King’s The Collective Agreement. With the National Ballet, Keaton’s repertoire includes The Nutcracker, Cinderella, Concerto and Symphony in C. At Atlanta Ballet, Keaton performed in Yuri Possokhov’s new Nutcracker, made his debut as Albrecht in Giselle and danced in contemporary works, notably pieces by Alexander Ekman.
En savoir plus
Ballet News+: 20 Questions With Keaton Leier