Ross Allen. Photo par Karolina Kuras.
Born: Steubenville, Ohio
Formation : Arenas Dance Company in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre in Pennsylvania and the School of American Ballet in New York City, New York
Au BNC depuis : 2020
Membre du corps de ballet depuis : 2022
Cinq choses à savoir
- 1Ross’ first performance onstage with the National Ballet was a memorable one. During his second year as an Apprentice, Ross danced in the company’s first live performance in two years in Crystal Pite’s Angels’ Atlas.
- 2Ross studied musical theatre, tap and jazz for five years before focusing exclusively on ballet.
- 3A man of many talents, Ross can play the piano, violin and trombone.
- 4When Ross isn’t at the barre, his favorite pastimes are learning how to cook different types of food and playing new piano pieces.
- 5He is currently working towards a degree in physical therapy through Ohio State University.
- 1Fearful Symmetries by Peter Martins
- 2Symphony in C
- 3Angels' Atlas
- 4The Four Temperaments
- 5Everywhere We Go by Justin Peck
Ross Allen was born in Steubenville, Ohio and trained at Arenas Dance Company in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre in Pennsylvania and the School of American Ballet in New York City, New York. He joined The National Ballet of Canada as a RBC Apprentice in 2020 and was promoted to Corps de Ballet in 2022.
Ross’ repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, The Nutcracker, Cinderella, A Streetcar Named Desire, MADDADDAM, Angels’ Atlas, Concerto, Elite Syncopations and Frame by Frame.
En savoir plus
Ballet News+: 20 Questions With Ross Allen