Christopher Waters. Photo par Karolina Kuras.
Lieu de naissance : Vancouver, Colombie-Britannique
Formation : École nationale de ballet du Canada
Au BNC depuis : 2019
Membre du corps de ballet depuis : 2022
Cinq choses à savoir
- 1Christopher began dance to improve balance and flexibility for soccer and skiing.
- 2He moved to Toronto when he was 11 to join Canada’s National Ballet School.
- 3In 2018, Christopher was chosen to participate in the first ever Prix De Lausanne choreographic project, which featured 50 dancers from different partner schools, where he danced a new 10-minute piece, choreographed by Goyo Montero.
- 4Christopher is the youngest of five siblings who have all taken ballet at one point in their lives. He is the only one who pursued it as a career.
- 5His hobbies outside of dance include video games, biking and baking. He especially enjoys making cheesecake.
- 1Le Lac des cygnes
- 3Napoli by August Bournonville
- 4La Sylphide by August Bournonville
- 5La Fille mal gardée
Christopher Waters was born in Vancouver, British Columbia and trained at Canada’s National Ballet School. He joined The National Ballet of Canada as a RBC Apprentice in 2019 and was promoted to Corps de Ballet in 2022.
Christopher’s repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, The Nutcracker, A Streetcar Named Desire, Angels’ Atlas, Frame by Frame and Concerto.