Sophie Lee. Photo par Karolina Kuras.
Lieu de naissance : Séoul, Corée du Sud
Formation : Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet School and Canada's National Ballet School
Au BNC depuis : 2019
Membre du corps de ballet depuis : 2022
Cinq choses à savoir
- The first production that Sophie danced with the National Ballet was James Kudelka's Nutcracker in 2018 when she was at Canada's National Ballet School.
- Sophie enjoys taking company class and considers it to be her favourite part of company life because it is the only time that is entirely about her dancing. She feels that class time is where she can address her areas of improvement, work on basics and expand her repertoire of moves.
- 3Currently, Sophie is studying yoga and Pilates. She originally took them up to help broaden her ballet training but they both became hobbies that she enjoys.
Sophie is bilingual in Korean and English and is currently learning French.
5Sophie is currently studying biology online at Athabasca University.
- 1Dances at a Gathering, Jerome Robbins
- 2Romeo and Juliet, John Cranko
- 3Serenade, George Balanchine
- 4Chaconne, George Balanchine
- 5The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude, William Forsythe
Sophie Lee was born in Seoul, South Korea, and trained at Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet School and Canada's National Ballet School. She joined The National Ballet of Canada as a RBC Apprentice in 2019 and was promoted to the Corps de Ballet in 2022.
Most recently, Sophie danced in the world premiere of Wayne McGregor’s MADDADDAM and the Canadian premiere of Alonzo King’s The Collective Agreement. Her repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, The Nutcracker, Cinderella, Giselle, Serenade, Symphony in C, Chaconne, Concerto and Frame by Frame.
En savoir plus
Ballet News+: 20 Questions With Sophie Lee