Brenna Flaherty. Photo par Karolina Kuras.
Lieu de naissance : Boston, au Massachusetts
Formation : Boston Ballet School
Au BNC depuis : 2016
Seconde soliste depuis : 2021
Cinq choses à savoir
- 1Born in Boston, Brenna joined The National Ballet of Canada as an RBC Apprentice in 2016 and was promoted to Second Soloist in 2021 following the company’s first virtual season.
- 2She appeared in a beautiful short film at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, World Apart, in which she performs with Second Soloist Kota Sato outside Toronto’s City Hall, with videography by Karolina Kuras.
- 3Brenna has danced in many of the company’s great classical works, such as Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, Giselle and The Nutcracker.
- 4Her repertoire includes Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Anna Karenina, The Merry Widow, Chaconne, The Dream, Etudes, Paquita, Paz de la Jolla and the world premiere of Robert Binet’s Orpheus Alive.
- In 2021, Brenna was part of the Dora Award-nominated ensemble cast of Crystal Pite’s Angels’ Atlas, created for The National Ballet of Canada.
- 1The Merry Widow
- 2Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- 3Theme and Variations
- 4Who Cares
- 5The Second Detail
Brenna Flaherty was born in Boston, Massachusetts and trained at Boston Ballet School in Massachusetts. Brenna joined The National Ballet of Canada as a RBC Apprentice in 2016 and was promoted to Second Soloist in 2021.
Most recently, Brenna made her debut as the Other Stepsister in Cinderella and danced in the Canadian premiere of David Dawson’s Anima Animus. Her repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet, The Nutcracker, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Anna Karenina, The Merry Widow, A Streetcar Named Desire, The Dream, Angels’ Atlas, After the Rain, Elite Syncopations, Serenade, Symphony in C, Concerto, Paz de la Jolla, Paquita, Crepuscular and On Solid Ground.