Scott McKenzie. Photo par Karolina Kuras.
Lieu de naissance : Alexandria, Scotland
Formation : The Royal Ballet School in London
Membre du corps de ballet depuis : 2020
Cinq choses à savoir
- Scott was active in musical theatre as a child and started dancing at the age of eight. When he was 13, he played the title role in Billy Elliot the Musical in London’s West End, only the second Scottish dancer to do so.
- He joined Wiener Staatsballett as a member of the Corps de Ballet in 2016 and was promoted to Demi-Soloist in 2018. Seeking new adventures and following a company he admired, he moved to Toronto in 2020 to join The National Ballet of Canada.
- Scott’s soloist roles with Wiener Staatsaballett include Lysander in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Peasant Pas de Deux in Giselle, Prince’s Friend and Neapolitan Soloist in Swan Lake, Winter Soloist in 4 Seasons, The Faun and Little Shepherd in Sylvia and Verlobten Soloist in Coppélia.
- One of his favourite onstage experiences was dancing in John Neumeier’s Verklungene Feste, which presents the afterglow of an evening party.
- His repertoire with The National Ballet includes Crystal Pite's Angels' Atlas and Vanesa G. R. Montoya's Crepuscular, among other works.