Albjon Gjorllaku. Photo par Karolina Kuras.
Lieu de naissance : Londres, Angleterre
Formation : The Royal Ballet School in London, England
Au BNC depuis : 2019
Membre du corps de ballet depuis : 2022
Cinq choses à savoir
- 1Before joining The National Ballet of Canada in 2019, Albjon danced in Florida with Orlando Ballet, where he danced such roles as Pas de Trois and Neapolitan in Swan Lake, Benvolio in Romeo and Juliet and Gaston and Lefou in Beauty and The Beast.
- 2In 2013, Albjon performed for His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales in the Royal Ballet School Gala at Buckingham Palace.
- 3Albjon is of Albanian heritage. He has hiked Albania’s largest mountain “Korab” many times and his name is an abbreviation of the Shqip phrase “Albania e jon” meaning “Our Albania”.
- 4Albjon can complete a Rubik’s cube in under five minutes.
- 5When he’s not able to train at the studio, Albjon enjoys calisthenics, outdoor workouts and using gymnastic rings.
- 1Roméo et Juliette
- 3Don Quixote by Carlos Acosta
- 4Le Lac des cygnes
- 5La Belle au bois dormant
Albjon Gjorllaku was born in London, England and trained at The Royal Ballet School in London, England. He joined The National Ballet of Canada as a RBC Apprentice in 2019 and was promoted to Corps de Ballet in 2022.
Albjon recently made his debut as Benvolio in Romeo and Juliet and Grant Munroe in Frame by Frame. His repertoire includes Swan Lake, The Sleeping Beauty, The Nutcracker, Cinderella, A Streetcar Named Desire, Angels’ Atlas, MADDADDAM, Concerto and Alleged Dances.
In 2023, Albjon received the Patron Award of Merit.
En savoir plus
Ballet News+: Q&A with Albjon Gjorllaku