We highly recommend the following resources to learn more about The National Ballet of Canada and dance in general. These and many others are available in many books stores and local libraries.
- 101 Stories of the Great Ballets by George Balanchine with Fancis Mason, 1975.
- Ballet 101: A Complete Guide to Learning and Loving the Ballet by Robert Greskovic, 1998.
- Beyond the Dance: A Ballerina's Life by Chan Hon Goh, 2002.
- Dance Canada by Max Wyman, 1989. The dancer who flew: a memoir of Rudolf Nureyev by Linda Maybarduk, 1999.
- Dictionary of Dance: Words, Terms and Phrases edited by Susan Macpherson, 1996.
- Encyclopedia of theatre dance in Canada/Encyclopedie de la danse theatrale au Canada edited by Susan Macpherson, 2000.
- Footnotes by Frank Augustyn and Shelly Tanaka, 2001.
- Hooray for Ballet! (Smart About the Arts) by Margaret Frith, 2003.
- Miss O: My Life in Dance by Betty Oliphant, 1997.
- Movement Never Lies by Karen Kain with Stephen Godfrey and Penelope Reed Doob, 1994.
- Oxford Dictionary of Dance by Debra Craine and Judith Mackrell, 2000.
- The Power to Rise: The Story of The National Ballet of Canada by James Neufeld, 1996.
- Tutus, Tights and Tiptoes: Ballet History As it Ought to Be Taught by David W. Barber, 2000.